If you find a bug in Better Terminal Emulator Pro, please see the Contact MagicAndroidApps section for details on how to report the issue. All reported issues are investigated and fixed immediately.
| Icon || Version || Changes
|BTE_v1.5.gif|| V3.42 || NOTE Upgrading to this version will cause a new version of the Enhanced Utiities to be downloaded. * Add option to disable “Sticky” modifier keys (useful when using Bluetooth or USB keyboards with tablets.) * Fix segmentation fault (segfault) issues seen with some custom ROMs. * Upgrade SSH. * Add SMP support to BusyBox. * Full support for x86 and ARM-based platforms. * Included Frotz and Adventure game for fun.
|BTE_v1.5.gif|| V3.41 || * Fix ALT issue appearing on some docking stations Atrix, Transformer, and some external keyboards. I had made the Right ALT function as Menu key for some Bluetooth keyboards that don't have a Menu key. This has now been added as an option in Menu→Preferences, off by default.
* Fix “Too much overuse of vibrator” problem.
* Fix some emulation bugs.
* Add Wake/Wifi Lock support in Preferences.
* Reduce size of notification icon.
* Add preference to make shift/caps/control keys non-locking (for tablets).
* Fix bug where BTEP notification icon would remain persistent after closing app (only appeared on some platforms.)
* x86 CPU support.
* Remove GPS permission. All permissions BTEP requests are so that you can access things like /sdcard or the network from the command line without having to be rooted.
* Fix intermittent crash on some devices.
* Add support for USB Keyboard on gTablet running CM7.
* Add support for Samsung Tablet 10.1 (P3)
* Fixed crash in Android 1.6.
* Added ability to disable locking of Shift. Ctrl, Alt.
* Add support for Apple Wireless Keyboard (on Xoom.)
* Tablet theme so top doesn't get cut off when using HDMI.
* Fix F1-F4 when using Bluetooth Keyboard.
* Improvements to BTEP SSH Client UI.
* Fix Alt+Space to to bring up Special Character Picker.
2. Automatically install the native SSH app via BTEP SSH Client, even if the “Enhanced Shell” has not been installed in BTEP.<br>
3. Automatically disable Enhanced Shell in case of shell download failure (reverts back to standard Android <tt>/bin/sh</tt>.)<br>
4. Fix bug with Swype backspace key when using standard Android shell (<tt>/bin/sh</tt>.) This was not a problem with the Enhanced Shell.